Sunday, May 13, 2012

Graduate

I eventually want to write out my whole graduate school saga because it is well worth a few descriptive words. But for now, I will just write about life in the present.


This sums up the last two weeks for me:
Tuesday- day of relaxation and studying for my last final EVER.
Wednesday- meeting, filled out paperwork at my new place of work:), went to the bank to talk about a loan for a house(!), talked to sellers of potential new house, cleaned house for arrival of my dear sister, studied for final, filled out more paperwork for job and license
Thursday- studied for final, cleaned house (again), had mini celebratory coffee date with my husband on his birthday, ran lots of errands, took final, sister arrived!
Friday-graduated with honors with my Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology!! The whole experience felt surreal and I felt a great sense of eagerness to move on to bigger and better things. Looking back, I do wish I had cherished some moments more as my last day as a student.
Saturday- Completely lazy and watched Lord of the Rings with my dear sister.
Sunday- celebrated my birthday early with my family and had a chaotic lunch but it was fun as most family outings can be fun..., got sick that night
Monday- So sick from a very evil cold, signed a contract on a house(!!), slept, ate soup and a banana
Tuesday- My birthday! Said farewell to my sister, slept the whole day, went to my birthday dinner that night and was literally sweating and felt like puking or passing out but still had a great time with friends
Wednesday-did absolutely nothing. Watched multiple episodes of the office, like from 10am until 10pm.... Also re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re read Harry potter.
Thursday-  Turned in paperwork to new place of work, went to former internship site and picked up some goodies from China..., went to dinner with a good friend and laughed and talked about a huge variety of things from pregnancy to books to hardwood floors
Friday- Errands....spent a lot of money on my car and tires and it sucked but the tire people were nice. Freaked out about buying a house and hung out with my dear mom and nephew. Also, I sat in the Starbucks parking lot for 20 minutes waiting until it was 3pm so I could get my half priced Frappucino.


So...this blog just turned into a diary entry. cool.  Exciting things are happening. All at once. I graduated, I got my dream job, Dustin and I are probably going to buy a freakin' house, and I turned 27.







No comments:

Post a Comment