Saturday, August 13, 2011

I'm Mad for Madness Sake!

So, sometimes people who believe in Jesus get mad at each other. I get it. I do. I get mad at people who believe in Jesus all the time. I get mad at people who don't believe in Jesus too. Basically if you are breathing, there is a possibility for me to get angry with or at you. I understand how easy it is to get worked up over things that other people say in the name of Christ and want to assert your opinion and make sure that people know that what they said was not full of grace. I don't think this is bad. However, I don't think this is always good.

As a believer who has been slowly walking through the thorny, bristly, path of faith, I sometimes want to just stop and lay down. I want to just say "Okay, its easier to argue with everyone about how Jesus would want to love people than to live like someone who loves Jesus." I don't think that all the theologians out there or people with sincere convictions are in the wrong and that they should stop voicing their thoughts. I just find that sometimes all these arguments, all these "Hey Mark Driscoll I totally disagree with what you said" type of statements can form this cycle of pseudo righteous anger. On and on and on it goes. You're cool if you have something negative to say about a certain pastor or if you make fun of something about some group of evangelical people. But it just gets so tiring. It feels easy to disagree with things. Its hard to find common ground. I am totally in the group of people that find a ton of negative things to say about Christianity, which is why I am trying to process through this. Sometimes, it seems like there is so much disagreement going on about things believers say that they shouldn't have said that it becomes hard to figure out what Christians do agree on.

I have no answer to these questions. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment