Monday, November 18, 2013

The forrest of Introverts

So, blog world, I have lived some life in the past 1.5 years since I last wrote. It was not an easy time but the past 6 months have been much brighter and fuller. I have no doubt now that I am an introverted person. I highly value one-on-one interactions/conversations. I get shy in groups bigger than 2-3 people. I believe in getting to know a person and what they care about and I am not so good with chit-chat. I get exhausted if I am around several people day after day with no alone time. 
   In the past 4 months I have been transitioned to a new situation at work in which I was abruptly uprooted from one office of wonderful people and placed into a new office with also wonderful, but new people. It has not been so smooth for this introvert. It has taken a LOT out of me to try to forge new work friendships. I know that all this forging, as awkward and anxiety invoking as it is, will be worth it in the long run. I don't think I have ever been more thankful for other introverted people that I have in the past few months. I admire my fellow introverts from afar and send my admiration vibes their way via the ï'm also shy' wavelength. So, other introverted/shy-ish people, I commend you for being awesome in a sometimes secret way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment